Anchor Hospice Volunteers
The volunteer provides patient care and support services according to his/her experience and training and in compliance with organization policies.
What is Hospice?
-Hospice is a “special way” of caring for those individuals at the end of life
-The care of the dying is a process that involved the patient, family, and hospice caregivers
The Idea of hospice:
-Hospice emphasizes that the patient and family live each day as fully as possible with the “hope of making the very best of today when, tomorrows are limited.”
Wanting to volunteer
- To work as a member of the Hospice team, accepting supervision from and communication relevant information to the Volunteer Coordinator and/or Director of Nursing
- To work always with consideration, courtesy, and dignity
- To be dependable and conscientious in carrying out assignments
- To respect the confidentiality of patient information received through hospice work
- to continue the process of learning and personal growth by participating in ongoing education and support programs offered by hospice
- Caring and compassionate natures
- Sound judgement skills
- The appreciation of all members of the care team
To become a part of Anchor Hospice volunteer program, please fill out the application below. When returning the application, also include your resume and references. All documents can be submitted in person at our office location, or faxed to 281-783-2111. If you have any questions, please call 877-296-3840.