Job Title/Position: Licensed Master Social Worker
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Description Summary
This position will provide supportive and medical social services to terminally ill patients and their families in accordance with an appropriate plan of care. The Social Worker will assume responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of psycho-social services provided to hospice patients and families in the home care or residential setting.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assess patient/family social and emotional factors in order to estimate their potential to cope with terminal illness and death.
- Provide psychosocial counseling and support to the patient/family experiencing emotional, social and economic conflict.
- Assist patient/family and staff in utilizing community resources.
- Assess patient/family financial and insurance status and assist with appropriate resources as indicated.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting to establish, review and revise the plan of care for each patient, including exchange of information, review of problems, and sharing of professional support.
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
- Identify and address comfort care needs in collaboration with other members of the Homecare team.
- Support, instruct and educate the patient, family, and caregiver.
- Coordinate all patient and family services.
- Maintain the dignity of the dying patient.
- Support the patients and family’s unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Provide holistic, family-centered care across treatment settings to improve the quality of life.
- Consult and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and others involved in the patients care.
- Provide care consistent with National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization standards of practice for hospice programs.
- Masters Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program.
- Licensed as a Social Worker through the Texas Board of Social Worker.
- Three years recent (within the past five years) experience in acute, long-term care or home care/hospice, with at least one in hospice or homecare preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources including Medicare / Medicaid, financial aid, county, state, and private social services agencies.
- Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient care planning and patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and the internet.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
- Belief in the hospice concept.
Working Conditions (Travel, Hours, And Environment)
- Able to work part time or PRN, with some weekend work
- Holiday coverage per holiday schedule.
- 90% weekly travel without restriction; 0% overnight travel
- This position is a salaried.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (With Or Without The Aid Of Mechanical Devices)
- Standing, sitting, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis. Has well-developed motor coordination and manual dexterity to perform basic skills. Must have good vision, hearing, speech and language abilities to perform and communicate Hospice Field LVN activities.
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Above 100 lbs||x|
OSHA Category Classification Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. This includes all procedures or job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or potential spills or splashes of them.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
I have read and understand the above job description. By signing below, I certify that I meet the minimum requirements and physical demands of the job and will comply with all Anchor Hospice policies and procedures.